Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2008

Passing of one of my Heros

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/28/books/28hillerman.html Tony Hillerman

Today I am very sad. I just found out he passed away....

Tony Hillerman, whose lyrical, authentic and compelling mystery novels set among the Navajos of the Southwest blazed innovative trails in the American detective story, died Sunday at Presbyterian Hospital in Albuquerque, The Associated Press reported.


Kelly Campbell/HarperCollins, via Associated Press

Tony Hillerman, author of the acclaimed Navajo Tribal Police mystery novels, died on Sunday.

He was 83 and lived in Albuquerque.

The cause was pulmonary failure, according to the AP report.

*****

My bird was named for one of Hillerman's characters.
When I wrote him a letter and he actually wrote back! A real hand written letter :)

I can't really think of what to say...

I will really miss his writing!
I loved his world :(


1 comment:

Jessica G. said...

The literary world has lost another giant.