Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Open Letter to people who say they don't drink coffee

Dear People who say you don't drink coffee,

I want you to know there are no loop holes.
As your Barista I would like to inform you of a few things that you either don't Know, don't want to know, or hope isn't true.

1) When you Ice the coffee it is still coffee.
I am sorry, Ice does not magically render coffee just a flavor, it is still actually coffee.

2) Ordering the drink made with decaffeinated coffee also does not remove the coffee...infact it does NOT even remove all the caffeine. It is still coffee and is what we in the business often refer to as 'No Fun' (the other 'No Fun' being skim milk).

3) Mocha has coffee in it. Mocha IS coffee and chocolate.
If it was only chocolate we call it, of all things, Hot Chocolate.

4) As we learned earlier Ice does not make Coffee magically be not coffee and Mocha powder does not magically not have coffee if mixed into a cold drink. Meaning: If the Blended or Frappe drink has Mocha powder in it you are IN FACT having coffee. Yes, even if they made it will straight milk. Don't argue with me on this Mocha is COFFEE.

Now, I am telling you this out of the goodness of my heart, not because your odd self delusion annoys me.
Please enjoy your drinks responsibly.

With Love,
Your Barista

1 comment:

Jessica G. said...

Oh great! Next, you're going to tell me that standing on the bathroom scale and really wishing hard that I were skinny is, in fact, not an effective means of weight loss.