Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Color, Color, Color

I signed up to do a color swap , so obviously I had to pick my favorite color. Everyone who knows me know what my favorite color. I bet you can guess it too.
I always thought that my senor prom dress summed me up pretty well...Full length forest green suede leather.
Yep, that's me baby... Dark Green Leather.
I love to color green, I post in green, I have green pens (with & with out green ink), green clothes...so many I wear it almost every day, green sheets, green cups, green lotion, green books, green plant pots, green jewelry (wedding ring is an emerald)...you get it, I LOVE GREEN!!!

But, I have a secret...shhhhh...
Green is not my only favorite color.
I love Dark Red, too.
If you look around you will see I have tucked Dark Red in to my house quietly...Dark Red glass lamps, Dark Red afghan on the couch, Dark Red candles in the dinning room (I love candles), Dark Red stained glass in the living room, Dark Red Roses in my garden, Dark Red notebook in my purse...
Even when I had on that full length dark green leather dress, I had Dark Red lips and nails.

Link
My Love, being the artist, says they are complementary colors. Making them logical favorites.
I, being...well me, began to wonder if there was something deeper.
So I looked up the personality colors connection.
I went to http://www.care2.com/greenliving/favorite-color-personality.html#

Here is what they said about Red.
Red: The color of strength, health, and vitality, Red is often the color chosen by someone outgoing, aggressive, vigorous and impulsive—or someone who would like to be! It goes with an ambitious nature but those who choose it can be abrupt at times, determined to get all they can out of life, quick to judge people and take sides. Red people are usually optimistic and can’t stand monotony; they are rather restless and not at all introspective, so they may be unaware of their own shortcomings. They find it hard to be objective and may blame others for any mishaps. Quiet people with a preference for red may feel the need for the warmth, strength and life-giving qualities of the color, or they blanket their true feelings under a sober exterior. Red is usually chosen by people with open and uncomplicated natures, with a zest for life.

Ooookay.... lets try green...

Green: The color of harmony and balance, Green symbolizes hope, renewal and peace, and is usually liked by the gentle and sincere. Greens are generally frank, community-minded people, fairly sociable but preferring peace at any price. Green people can be too self-effacing, modest and patient, so they may get exploited by others. They are usually refined, civilized and reputable.


Hummm.... and here I was thinking it was my inner self is red and my public persona is green.
Or maybe I am Balanced! I love Balance.
Maybe I need some more introspective...oh wait I can't, red is not at all introspective!
You know what, that did not help at all!
I guess I don't care what they mean, I love Dark Greens and Dark Reds!
And now that there is no exciting meaning found I have no way to wrap up this post!
Great.

How close is your colors definition to you?


1 comment:

Jessica G. said...

Mine is BLUE. I agree with the "worrier" bit but not so much with the "patient" part. :)