Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2012

Life Sucks!

a letter to my son

Yes, life sucks.
So, now that you know life does indeed suck, what are you going to do about it?
Are you going to to ask why life sucks?
Now, you can be stuck forever asking why  and always looking for the excuses ...er...reasons.
Or you can DO something about it!
  What?!? How am I supposed to figure out what to do?
Here's how:
Look at your life, figure out one part of life that you can do something about and do it.
Perhaps it will be something as small as setting your shoes 2 feet to the left of where you like to take them off, so they are out of the way. It's not much, but it is now one part of your life that does not suck, as much. Now keep looking. Soon you will find things that you can not do anything about... bu that is okay.
Accept that Yes, that does indeed Suck.
Remember ii, acknowledge it, and let go of it.
Keep doing what you can to not trip over your shoes and soon you will find a way to do something about what sucks in life.
and if you keep doing that you just may find life does not suck so much all the time.
**** **** **** ****

The above letter was written to my son after a teenage fit  that ended with the words "Life Sucks!" and a door closing to his bedroom. I figured he needed to hear the truth. Isn't that what being a grown up is? realizing life sucks and then doing something about it?

I find it interesting, in my own reflection, that in the notebook I wrote that letter to him in I had the following entry.... sometimes this is all I can manage. I know others feel like this as well so I am sharing the second entry so they will know they are not alone.

No title
I want to wear clean clothes: decide if you want clean clothes enough to do laundry.
If so how much laundry: 1 load, but no dry.
If I put it in now I can let it run while I sleep and then decide in the morning if it's worth the effort to lay them out to dry or not... if not what are options, what is consequence?
But enough thinking for now... put in laundry.
shut off lights
go to bed.

No comments: